[frgeek-michiana] Re: TOSHIBA-2

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fgm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 21:40:43 -0500

Tom Brown wrote:

I tried to boot Toshiba-2 from Toshiba-1's ext. power supply. Just once it got to the "insert boot disk" prompt. After that, no go. It won't power up and certainly won't display the "insert..." prompt. Toshiba-1 powers up and boots nicely from its power supply. What were you using to boot Toshiba-2? What volts, watts, amps? Did you have any problems?

13.8 Volt DC 3 amp Regulated Power Supply. It was fully charged when I brought it to you. If running on a leash you do need to trick 3 thin cd cases under the power tip so it makes contact, otherwise it won't run.

Today I spoke to Liz (the office manager at Broadway Christian Parish) re selling one of the Toshiba laptops to her. I told Liz I'd let her look at both laptops at the Lab Tues. and choose the one which suited her. That was before I tried powering up Toshiba-2. Right now, it looks like Toshiba-1 is the only laptop we have for sale.

Maybe we can swap displays on make one decent one?????

Goose