[frgeek-michiana] Re: Revolution OS at NDLUG Wed night

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 08:51:51 -0500

Man, I wish I could make this.... I've got my daughter starting Wednesdays again (not the issue though) but I've got clothes I need to get washed.... bummer... If you buy the dvd I definitely would be interested in watching it.

Richard

Tom Brown wrote:

"Revolution OS" is an award-winning documentary about the Free Software movement and Linux. I may go to the viewing. I'm thinking of buying a copy for myself on DVD.

 NDLUG Meeting Announcement

        The Notre Dame Linux Users Group would like to invite all that
are interested to our first meeting of the year.  This will be a short
meeting where we will introduce our club and our plans.  Likewise, the
officers will field questions from any one present to get input on what
they would like to see from the club and what they expect.

        This invitation is open to everyone, regardless of your
experience level, software preference, or major.  The details are as
follows:

*       Meeting Place: Fitzpatrick 356A
*       Date: Wednesday, September 8, 2004
*       Start Time: 7:00pm

        Free pizza and other refreshments will be served, so if nothing
else, show up for some free food.

        For those that are interested, after the official part of the
meeting is over, the club will be showing the movie "Revolution OS", a
documentary on the formulation of the open source movement that is
crucial to the progression of Linux, as well as the operating system
itself.  It includes interviews from free software luminaries such as
Richard Stallman, Bruce Perens and Linux Torvalds.

        Thank you for your time, and we hope to see you on Wednesday.

        Please note that you are receiving this email because you are on
the NDLUG list-serv.  If you wish to stop receiving any NDLUG emails,
please go to http://listserv.nd.edu/archives/nd-linux-l.html and adjust
your settings.  Thank you.

Richard "Goose" Zimmerman
Safety Assistant / IT Guru
K&B Transport, Inc. - Elkhart, IN
(574) 389-1986   (574) 389-8527 Fax
(800) 548-2718   (574) 850-5764 Cell

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>