[frgeek-michiana] Outreach follow ups

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:22:28 -0400

This morning, I called several of the agencies and individuals we are working with re outreach. Only one responded thus far.

Food Bank

Their kiosk is stuck on a start up screen according to the FB director. She is going to drop it off at the warehouse tonight for repair. The FB doesn't have a spare printer to attach to the kiosk machine. Rather than dig through our inventory of printers with dry ink carts and buy a cart in order to test, I suggested that FGM look for a low priced HP inkjet or laser which is suitable for the kiosk system and the FB can purchase new at probably 1.5 or 2 times a single cart.

The FB director also wants to contact Forest to have him move a computer he installed for them.