[frgeek-michiana] Re: Old laptop hard drives

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 10:44:20 -0400 (EDT)

That would be the way I would do it.
Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Rick Tribble
Sent: Sep 23, 2009 10:34 AM
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [frgeek-michiana] Re: Old laptop hard drives

You could use a USB adapter.  Pull the drive, hook it up to a desktop PC, wipe it, put back in, ???, increased value.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 8:58 PM, Tom Brown <tbrown46628@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Phil and I are emptying the "server" room. We set aside a gaylord for laptops too old or too broken for us to use. We think the laptops can go to iSold-It On eBay as miscellaneous sold as-is for parts.

Our quandary is: Do we wipe the hard drives?

I think we should, but Phil and I don't have time. We are concentrating on boxing up the office. Will any volunteer come to the warehouse, try to find power bricks for the laptops and wipe the drives. If we can't wipe the drives, we'll remove them now to drill later. At least, this way, we keep moving ahead.

PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.

To post to the list send email to frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

** This list is PUBLICLY archived. ** PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain. To post to the list send email to frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx The archive is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/frgeek-michiana/ You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at //www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana