[frgeek-michiana] Motor City Free Geek

  • From: That Man Behind the Curtain <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 15:25:46 -0800

Tom Brown wrote:
> :: Motor City Visit
>
> Ken Grundberg is doing the groundwork to start a Free Geek in metro
> Detroit. Ken drove to South Bend for a visit, to get ideas and look at
> what he is getting himself into. He took the fifty cent tour and snapped
> pictures. We talked and joked.
>
> Ken has not applied for affiliate or franchise status -- it is too early
> in the game. He is doing the necessary planning and networking. I look
> forward to FGM collaborating with Ken and helping him jump start the
> Motor City Free Geek.
>
> Gentlemen, start your engines.

Chris Hiltz, secretary of Motor City Free Geek stopped by the mothership
yesterday and today while he was snowed in here in Portland. We were
very low key, given that PDX is covered in a heavy (for us) blanket of
snow and there were very few donors, volunteers, etc. (Two $11 donation
days, followed by one with zero dollars in donations.)

I think these guys are on the right track, but we should encourage all
potential startups to contact the mothership and at least sign up for
the startup email list. Folks can sign up here:

Keep on keepin' on!