[frgeek-michiana] Re: Mini-Woody (Read Debian)

  • From: John Billings <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 09:57:10 -0500

Wondering how the video card will handle X.
I have a stack of 3c509 and other assorted nics at the King Center.
Hoping to start an official tally Thursday.  here is an unoffical guess

usable isa nics: 10 -15
Matrox Athena really crappy isa vid cards: 15
assorted serial port cards: 20
token ring cards: 20 -30
scsi controllers: 5
cards I can't identify:  20 -30

found this site pc-card.com has anyone used it to research cards?

Anyway I started taking some pictures of the cards I can't identify, and
thought about uploading them to the server. Maybe including a field for
picture in any database we create. This would help, if we wanted to sell
suplus on (dread) everyones favorite online auction site.

Personally I'd much rather go to those computer shows where you rent a table
(maybe the organizer would donate?) and layout all your wares and then have a
guy walk around saying hey, did you see the Free Geek Booth, if you want to
find a good deal go there.  And then indoctrinate the potential geek with
Free Software propaganda as he drools over an AHA-1742A scsi controller.

ebay bad, room full of geeks and computer parts good.

Later,
John