[frgeek-michiana] Re: Lug Ideas

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:33:42 -0400

I would hand out the standard FGM flyer because FGMLUG is sponsored by FGM. FGMLUG is likely to be a good recruiting platform for volunteers for FGM. I'll send you the flyer file off list.

We spoke about coordinating with NDLUG. I'll send you the last few emails from NDLUG last spring.

Tom

Phil Goldbach wrote:
I would say the most important things to cover, especially for newbies would be setting up Internet access, setting up wifi, printing, and OpenOffice. As for the format, sounds like a decent setup you already listed. Although a possible suggestion would be to consider having fliers/handouts/cheat sheets, covering the main points of anything discussed, most handy for newbies or people like me who don't always remember stuff right away. Might also be a good idea for any presentations.

As for the smoke detector...maybe new battery is needed? Or, you could always just unplug the thing and not worry about.

Phil Goldbach

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."