[frgeek-michiana] Re: Low cost mobo rocks

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <ke4rit@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:42:14 -0400

Tom Brown wrote:
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=879&num=1

If you are considering building a Nascar system on a budget, this motherboard may be what the pit crew ordered at $75.

Tom
That is a sweet board but if I make the investment, I'm going for green specs. The emwin stuff does not need a fast system. An ITX 1g or even 800mhz board can handle it just fine. I'd be looking more towards saving power which equals directly to saving electricity and lower electric bills. I'm already thinking 12v based system, laptop hard drives(yes still looking at least a mirrored setup for reliability) and size really does not matter. Saving power means saving $$$'s. My $$$'s don't stretch anymore. Either a get a second job or get more creative at saving money and do kewl computing things.

Heck I've even considered using a laptop but just don't feel one can go 24x7x365.