[frgeek-michiana] Laptop issues....

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 11:44:35 -0500

Ok, yesterday was a total waste.... BTW, DON'T use Debian 'testing' cd for a clean install (at least on a laptop) It's horribly broken.

Today, still got no results on the 2.6 kernel trying to get my new PNY Attache' 512mb flash drive to work.

In desperation (and a wonderful demo by Mike last week) I load up DSL (Damn Small Linux)...

IT WORKS!

The 2.4 kernel can see the drive and access it just fine.... So that problem will be solved. Can I get everything else to work again? Should be able to... The Winmodem drivers? Should be able to do that too.. DSL found it and initialized it no problem...

So.... After one hell of a bender (see fark.com) of a learning curve, life will soon be good again...

Barring any more action from Murphy that is...

Goose

P.S. Reminder I will be LATE tonight due to daughters Christmas program.

--
Richard "Goose" Zimmerman
Safety Assistant / IT Guru

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>