[frgeek-michiana] Re: [Fwd: Re: archive.progeny.com decomissioned, Oct 22nd]

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 09:55:39 -0500

Leave it wide open.

Tom

At 07:49 AM 10/24/06, you wrote:
I'm gonna have to run over there anyhow to reset out mirroring server... Do you want me to throttle the connection again?

Goose

P.S. Last weekend, start 01:00 Saturday, finished Sunday 07:18

Tom Brown wrote:
Speaking of Debian mirrors, an employee of the ISP for the wireless connection at the Chippewa plant called me Saturday morning. The link was flat-lined at 600 kbps. The employee cautioned me that someone may be using a computer at the warehouse for "file sharing." I assured him no one hacked the network or installed a file sharing app, and he would see the spike in bandwidth every weekend when an FGM cron script updated our private Debian repository.

At least we know the ISP is not asleep at the wheel: They are reading their logs or server generated email notices.

PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.

** This list is PUBLICLY archived. ** PLEASE don't post personal or sensitive information unless you wish for it to be in the public domain.

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>