[frgeek-michiana] [Fwd: NDLUG Meeting Nov. 6th 8-9pm 356A]

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:31:14 -0500

fyi.

Tom

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: samuel lenz banina <sbanina@xxxxxx>
  • To: ND-LINUX-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 15:14:31 -0400
NDLUG,

We will finally convene for our first Linux club meeting this year on
this coming Tuesday, Nov. 6th from 8:00-9:00 p.m. in Fitzpatrick 356A.
 If all goes well, we'll be eating delicious Papa John's Pizza,
discussing things Linux-y, and setting a general direction for the
club this year.

There will be a presentation on my personal favorite distro,
Slackware, who recently joined the rest of the updated world with
their 12.0 release.  In the vein of minimalist computer usage, there
may also be an anti-mouse demonstration/tutorial covering GNU screen,
its graphical kindred: ratpoison, and the mozilla/vim hybrid:
vimperator.  If you have a neat Linux related trick, tip,
presentation, come prepared to tell us about it, and the floor's all
yours!

We'll be collecting $5 dues for those interested in regularly
attending NDLUG meetings, so bring some cash if you can.  It covers
your Linux-using needs for the whole year!

In conclusion: NDLUG, Tuesday, Nov. 6th, 8-9pm, Fitzpatrick 356A

Your Benevolent Dictator,
Samuel Lenz Banina

--- End Message ---