[frgeek-michiana] Re: Clonezilla caution

  • From: chuq <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2010 17:00:47 -0400

When I use Clonezilla I have a DRBL server setup and send the images
over to my server. I have successfully without any issues done the
following:
WINXP Machine ( 1 HD) clone & restore
WinXP & Ubuntu 10.04 ( 1 HD) Clone & restore ** This system I had an
issue with but that was only because the HD had bad sectors at the
beginning of the drive, not allowing Windows to shut down properly, once
I mounted the drive in Linux and ran ntfsfix (I believe it was)
everything went off without a hitch! System starts up and runs good as
new!
Win7 & Ubuntu 10.04 ( 2 HDs) Clone & restore ** This system I did each
drive individually to separate folders, reason being is that I was
upgrading each to a larger drive, my Win7 went onto a new drive, and the
Ubuntu went onto the old Win7 drive.
When I run Clonezilla I image the drive, not partitions.

Good Luck!

Chuq