[frgeek-michiana] Re: Answer: Cable coax antenna

  • From: Dale Neddeau <dneddeau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 06:18:21 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The velocity factor will vary depending on the type
> and size of coax, 1/2" or 7/8" hard line is .81 but
> that will vary with other diameters or types of coax
> and the type of dielectric material. The formula for
> determining one wavelength in coax is as follows:
> One Wavelength in coax, in feet = 984 * (Velocity
> Factor) / Frequency in Megahertz (MHz).
> for 2.4GHz: 984* .81/2400 = .3321 ft or about 4"
> Mike

  Don't know how your reply got in my old e-mail box
but thanks for the info. It is 1/2" so I'll use .81
and I'll start out with just a few section's for the
antenna to see if it works and then I can add to it.
Even four or five elements should be good for some
omni directional gain.

http://mail.yahoo.com