[frgeek-michiana] Adopt a computer program

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 10:19:41 -0500

FreeGeek Michiana is way short on storage space. FreeGeek in Portland (the
Mothership) has intiated a creative solution to their storage problems: the
Adopt-a-Computer program.

Yes, FreeGeek-Portland asks people in the community to adopt a refurbished
computer, a FreekBox in Mothership lingo. Temporary foster care of refurbs
eases the burden on storage. When a permanent home for a FreekBox is found,
the "foster parents" relinquish their FreekBox.

JohnB and I think this is a terrific idea. What do you think? Should we
announce the plan and take some refurbs to MLUG for adoption? I sent a
draft flyer and contract in plain text in other emails.

Tom
tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>