[frgeek-michiana] AOLserver for FGM web site

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 18:34:56 -0500

Started to familiarize myself with AOLServer admin and basic dynamic page
coding (.adp) and tcl api. Examined the config files docs and set up a
second (virtual) server to play with on the Slack box. Coded a few "hello
world" dynamic pages to test the config.

I plan on helping Jay get a web server online this week. If we can't manage
to make the SGI Indy work, I will slap a Pentium box on the Goodwill
network to maintain momentum.

We'll have AOLserver/Tcl installed soon after. I'll add postgresql to the
box after we have a grip on AOLserver/Tcl's dynamic pages. A good test of
that would be porting our current web site (apache, ssi) to AOLserver/Tcl.
The final step will be installing OpenACS so we have the entire web app
framework in place.

Now seems a good time to register a domain name or two so the box will be
available via Internet. That also means thinking about living amicably
within Goodwill's firewall policies.

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>