[Fundraisers Forum] FYI

  • From: Ron Allswang <ron.allswang@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "frforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <frforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 09:01:13 +0300

On September 10th IsraelGives is hosting the Israel NonProfit Summit, to be
held in Tel Aviv, from 9am to 4pm. The website (in Hebrew) is:
NPSummit2014.com <http://www.npsummit2014.com/>. The topic of the
conference is the Present and Future of Philanthropy in Israel. There will
be interesting panels:

·       Examining the real numbers of Israeli giving (with representatives
of the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics)

·       Family philanthropy in Israel (with Joseph Gitler and the Recanati
Family)

·       Corporate giving (Gil Kalian of Calcalist, Shirley Kantor, Zion
Regev of Gazit-Globe, CSR rep of Bank Leumi, and Gilles Darmonde founder of
Latet)

·       Eric Fleisch of Brandeis University will talk about American Jewish
giving to Israel (he prepared a major report with Theodore last year)

·       Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein will talk about the IFCJ’s success in
fundraising from American evangelical Christians

·       Whether social bonds will bring the capital market into the NGO
world (Israeli Social Finance)

·       Impact philanthropy – How donors increasingly expect to impact, and
not just give (Itzik Danziger)

·       The big future of the small donor (with IsraelGives CEO Yonatan
Ben-Dor)

Eric and Rabbi Eckstein will be speaking in English. The other panels will
be in Hebrew.

I and my Leket colleagues will be attending. I’d encourage you to as well.
Registration can be done online at NPSummit2014.com
<http://www.npsummit2014.com/>