[freeroleplay] Re: Welcome Jacinto Quesnel

  • From: "Jacinto Quesnel" <jhas777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <freeroleplay@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 13:45:28 -0500

Hello everyone, Ricardo,

From: Ricardo Gladwell
Hi Jacinto,
And once again, welcome to the FRPGC. It always good to hear from new members.
Loved your artwork. Glad to hear your are a visual artist: we are certainly looking for artistic volunteers here. Your games look particularly interesting and I look forward to reading them later.

Many thanks for your warm welcome. It shure makes me more confident to make more posts and participate onward.
About artwork, I'm shure willing to cooperate with any project that needs logo design and illustration (particularly those of modern setting, and taking avialability into consideration).
About the games, most of them where distributed in print only CC and I don't have the source files to make them RTF-PDF adaptations yet, but the ones that succeeded the most (the first one will be MORPH: RPG System for parties) will be released eventually.

I can see what you are getting at above and I really love your sites. That said, I'm still wary about endorsing non-free sites and works. See my email reply to Mark Havenner for my reasoning on this subject.

I've read all the aforementioned conversation and I understand much better now. Problem is we licenced most stuff under CC first, and for some projects I don't think I'm athourized to Dual-Licence them.

I'd be interested to know how you plan to license your works in future?

* MORPH - Everchanging RPG system for parties, will be dual licenced under GPL (it's allready CC). And it's in both, spanish and english. I'm right now preparing all the files in order to do so (will take me a few weeks of scaning and such most probably). Still, since it's my first time using GPL I'd love some feedback on if I'm doing it right once it's all online. You can get the current released documents in here: http://www.opiumgarden.org/pandemuerto/-17hp/viewtopic.php?t=89&sid=619772eb525e58a910492b6bca76af3f, in the current system, the cards and sheet are suposed to be printed out then customized by each gaming group. But I understand I should provide the source RTF and PSD files as well, it this true?.
* EMR - "Magical realism with a discreet esoteric flavor" - will be released as a fully modificable Wiki in spanish. Then translated to english and maybe other languages if volunteers arise. But I'm still a little ignorant if this can qualify as GPL. I understand it would. The brief for the project is at: http://www.opiumgarden.org/pandemuerto/-17hp/viewtopic.php?t=60&sid=619772eb525e58a910492b6bca76af3f
* DramaSys - "Dramatic RPG System" is allready an online CC but I guess we can dual licence it as soon as we provide the source modificable RTF for the whole system, english version will be unavialable until we get a volunteer translator. As Samuel Penn elaborated I think we can do this, but I'm still a little confused.

I've talked with the other guys at Pandemuerto, and in the future we will do our efforts to make everything we claim as free to be truly free.

Kind regards, gracefull bows,
Jacinto Quesnel
"Be realistic and demand the impossible"

PS= Please pardon me any problems with my english, as you probably have noticed it's not my mother language and I often have some difficulties with it.