[freenos] FreeNOS 0.0.4 has been released

  • From: Niek Linnenbank <nieklinnenbank@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freenos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:35:40 +0000

Hi all!

It seems I didn't get a "release" e-mail from freshmeat.net, so I'll write
one
manually this time. This new version contains new features, enhancements and
bug fixes.
See this announcement on http://www.FreeNOS.org for more details:

After two months of hard work since we released 0.0.3 in July, we finally
have a new version of FreeNOS! This release has new features, enhancements
and bugfixes, including:

   - Shared and Private Memory mappings support in MemoryServer
   - Added Device and DeviceServer classes for easy driver programming
   (abstracts the IPC layer)
   - Abstracted the IPC layer from FileSystems, Files and Directories (also
   with IOBuffer class)
   - Simplified virtual FileSystems by using synchroneous I/O and Shared
   memory mappings.
   - FileURI improvements in libparse
   - ATA Host Controller support (read-only drive sectors)
   - VGA device in /dev/vga0 (removed from Terminal)
   - Keyboard device in /dev/keyboard0 (removed from Terminal)
   - RTC Time device in /dev/time0
   - Draft version of USB UHCI Host Controller in /dev/usb0
   - PCI pseudo FileSystem implementation in /dev/pci
   - GRUB pseudo FileSystem implementation in /dev/grub
   - /etc/rc is now executed with /bin/sh by /sbin/init
   - Reduced the number of programs in the BootImage (boot/boot.img.gz)
   - Added basename(), chdir() and syslog() support to libposix
   - Length modifier support for format strings in libc
   - Extra Doxygen documentation

Regards,

--
Niek Linnenbank