[freelists-users] Re: Sending commands to the lists

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:29:45 -0500

> TO GET A DIGEST EVERY DAY:
>       Send a message to the listar account on the server with a subject of
> "set [listname] digest"...

Note that they'll only get the digest daily if that's how you want it
setup.  You can have digests go after a certain number of days or after a
certain size.

> I think this means that one should send the message addressed to the
> list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No - this will post the message *on* the list.  This is a common problem,
and I really don't understand why people are always mis-understanding
this.  Commands go either to listar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or to
LISTNAME-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx  If you send to listar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, you
must specify the list you wish to make changes for.

John

--
# John Madden  weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx ICQ: 2EB9EA