[freelists-users] Newbie Admin Question

  • From: WH <eyesoar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2002 23:38:16 -0500

If addressees currently on my free-list distribution use the REPLY
button in their e-mail programs, the post will go to the entire distribution
list.  I understand that this is a valid function of the list, but a
troublesome one.

The FROM box on the free-list distribution contains only the
name of the original poster.  It's not until you try to forward such a post
that
the free-list server name appears.  Many of my users don't notice this -
even though
I spell it out in the footer file attached to every post!

Is there a setting that can override the reply-to-entire-list default setting?

Is there an archive of these kind of newbie questions answered already
(probably many times)?

Many thanks,

WH