[freelists-users] Re: FreeLists Customizable Web Form

  • From: John Madden <weez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelists-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 17:50:09 -0500

> Lately I've been getting a spam attempts to the list. I never had this
> before until about a month ago. Of course since you have to be a
> subscriber to post I've been able to delpost but I'm wondering if there
> are any other precautions I can take to stop them?

You could play with the antispam options.  antispam-blackhole will simply
trash the message, and you can edit the spam-regexp to determine what
counts as spam.  However, note that that sort of setup may cause valid
posts from list members (or perhaps even non-members) of some value to be
lost.

closed-post-blackhole is perhaps a better option.  It blackholes anything
from a non-subscriber, and you won't have to touch regexps. :)

John

- FreeLists Staff