[FRE] FRE 2014 at DLG-Feldtage / DLG feedback

  • From: "Hans W. Griepentrog" <hw.griepentrog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fre@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:27:58 +0200

Dear all,
I just want to inform you about the comments I got from the DLG.
- Due to the FRE the number of international exhibitors at the Feldtage increased significantly, hence, the Feldtage became more international. That's what they like. - DLG conducted a visitor survey and 7% of them said they were interested in the FRE. Interesting is, that almost the same number (9%) were interested in UAVs, which were announced and presented as a special topic during the Feldtage. - During the event already (!) and now also afterwards the DLG expressed their strong interest in continuing the collaboration. They are open for a discussion and offering support for what ever further development. If we say we want to continue a joint event in 2016 we are welcome. - They even are offering a discussion about organizing an outdoor automation, high-tech and robot exhibition or demo during June / July somewhere (in Germany) and having the FRE as a big attraction. The DLG is even offering to partly organize the event (registration, accommodation, competition field, food etc.), if we continue. - However, I like Joris' & Eldert's presentation about the future of the FRE very much. In general I fully support the ideas. 2014 was an interesting experience - mainly very positive - with the DLG. But we should consider whether we want a stronger connection with the (i) farmers, advisors & companies, (ii) scientific community (conference) or (iii) having a focus on the education & qualification. If we decide for strategy (i) then the DLG is perhaps an option. But the other options also can make sense. Conclusion: The FRE is a well known event in technology in agriculture and commercial organizations (DLG exhibition department is commercial!) are interested in a collaboration. This is offering opportunities for us we must discuss.
All the best
Hans

--
Hans W. Griepentrog (MSc, PhD, Professor)
Head of Instrumentation & Test Engineering - 440c

Internet
- http://www.uni-hohenheim.de/agrartechnik-MPT
FieldRobotEvent 2014
- https://fre2014.uni-hohenheim.de/home
German agricultural engineering out of print journals (Open Access)
- http://440ejournals.uni-hohenheim.de/index.php/index/index