[frc3941_team] FRC 3941: Midseason Information

  • From: Aaron Jackson <aa.jckson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frc3941_team@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 11:50:47 -0500

All,

Congratulations on getting through the first third of the season! We've
still got a lot of work left and I see a lot of progress that points to a
promising final 2/3rds of the season. Make it happen!

There are several important pieces of information as outlined below:
**Effective immediately**: all jackets and bags are to be left in the
kitchen; NOT the shop. Use the lockers in the kitchen. That rule applies to
me also!

(1) Parent help needed - food, game pieces
(2) Safety
(3) Recap of first third and expectations for next third

------
(1) Parent help needed
Food - Over the next few weeks, we will have a couple of full days of work.
Right now, we will need help with the following dates but there will be
more later. Please let me know if you can help make lunch or dinner and if
you would be willing to help coordinate future lunches/dinners.
Lunches needed: Sat 2/1, Sat 2/8, Sat 2/18

Game pieces - We will need help setting up a few of the game pieces. If you
have time to help and/or are willing to take the lead, let me know and I
can discuss with you what is needed.

------
(2) Safety

Safety glasses: A reminder that safety glasses are required in the shop.
Please return all borrowed safety glasses at the end of the day. We are
running low on our stocks.

Loose fitting clothes: Loose fitting clothes are NOT allowed in the shop.
This is a particular challenge given the temperature outside and inside the
building. Remember, however, that your safety is our number one priority.
If you feel you will be cold inside, dress accordingly with an eye on
safety.

**Effective immediately**: all jackets and bags are to be left in the
kitchen; NOT the shop. Use the lockers in the kitchen. That rule applies to
me also!

-----
(3) Recap and expectations
 I see good work building and integrating a shooter, a ball grabbing
mechanism, a drive train, and a shooter. I see good programming challenges
being taken on and I see a media team excited to describe our exceptional
work to the FIRST community. Please keep in mind that, while there are
visible projects that you see on a daily basis, there are also smaller
projects that will help us build a successful robot and team. Don't be
afraid to start work on a smaller project if you are looking for work to
do. Also, keep in mind that there are leaders and learners and all of us
are trying to make a mark on the team. If you see someone who is looking to
make a mark on the team, help them out!

In the next third of the season, expect to see more work. Integration is
our biggest concern for the next week. While the final design is still
uncertain, continue work on individual components as if those components
are final. Expect to change portions of each component to make them fit
into the larger component at a later time and be open to these changes.

Make it happen,
Aaron