[foxboro] unsubscribe

  • From: "Barker, Ray" <raymond.barker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:08:06 -0500

Raymond

Sent: Monday, March 13, 2006 8:16 AM
To: raymond.barker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Welcome to the 'foxboro' list

medium for users of Invensys Process Systems' (formerly The Foxboro
Company) Distributed Control Systems to engage in self-help -- users
helping users. Topics mostly revolve around the I/A product platform,
but discussion about other Foxboro products is also welcome and
encouraged. It is the communication tool of The Cassandra Project
(www.thecassandraproject.org), home of the Foxboro user community.

Subscribers are encouraged to post questions, helpful hints, tips and
techniques, scripts, code fragments, observations, URL's, critiques of
products -- anything that will promote better understanding of our
control systems. Subscribers may post messages by addressing them to
<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You must be subscribed to the list in order
to post messages to it.

This list is unmoderated. This means that no one reviews or censors
what is posted to the list subscribers. This results in fast turn-
around from posting a message until mail is delivered. That in turn
means faster responses to your questions. It also means we should all
be courteous and civil. Flaming and discourteous behavior will not be
tolerated. This is the only warning. Offenders will be removed on
first offense.

It is strongly recommended that every poster include your full name
and organizational identity at the end of your posting so others have
some knowledge of you and your company, especially if your e-mail
address is not a company-provided one. This is, after all, basic
etiquette for participating in a mailing list.

    <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

For all admin requests, send an e-mail to:

    <foxboro-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

with the appropriate command(s) in the body, such as:

    subscribe       to subscribe
    unsubscribe     to unsubscribe
    set digest      to switch to digest mode
    unset digest    to switch the digest mode off
    set vacation    to temporarily stop receiving messages
    unset vacation  to resume receiving messages
    commands        to receive a "cheat sheet" of commands
    faq             for a list of frequently-used commands
    info            to receive the list information file
    end             to stop command processing

Single command can also be put into the Subject: line, in which case
any commands included in the body will NOT be processed.

Subscription requests require confirmation. A message will be sent to
the submitted e-mail address. Simply hit 'reply' to the confirmation
request and send. You won't be added to the list until you confirm
your subscription request. This ensures that the subscriber is not
spoofed onto the list by someone else.

Note: the token (cookie) sent to you in the confirmation request is
time-sensitive -- it will expire in 24 hours. Please confirm your
subscription request within that time. If the token has expired and
is rejected with the message "No such cookie or else cookie is of
wrong type," you must request a new token by sending another
'subscribe' e-mail.

More information about this list may be available at:

    http://www.thecassandraproject.org/

Contact the list admin at <foxboro-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> for any
question regarding this mailing list.

by, or otherwise endorsed in any manner for any purpose by Invensys
Process Systems (formerly The Foxboro Company). All postings to the
mailing list are the work of individual list subscribers and no
warranty is made or implied as to the accuracy, veracity, or efficacy
of any information disseminated through this medium. In return for
our permitting you to subscribe to, participate in, receive
communications through, read, copy and otherwise utilize the mailing
list, you agree without further action other than subscribe to this
mailing list to hold harmless, and to waive any claims, rights to
recovery, rights to action, causes of action, or lawsuits against the
contributors to this mailing list, their associates, and the mailing
list owners, as well as The Cassandra Project, Invensys Process
Systems (formerly The Foxboro Company), their employees, officers,
directors, and associates, from and against any and all damages of any
kind, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, compensatory,
or punitive damages for any and all mishaps which might occur due to
your application of information received from this mailing list.

The fine print:

The Foxboro list was initiated and originally hosted by Warren Michelsen
<Warren@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> on his hosting service (www.cyberspaces.net) as
a service to Foxboro DCS users. It is moved to the freelists.org list
hosting site in October 2001 to improve list and user service capability.
It is maintained by Duc M. Do <duc@xxxxxxxxxx>.

At FreeLists.org, the list is run on the open-source Ecartis (formerly
Listar) mailing list software (www.ecartis.org).