[foxboro] retrieve data from historian

  • From: "Daniele Tocco" <danieletocco@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:17:49 +0200

Hi all,
after reading some posts of this mailing list I tried to connect to the
historian database via ODBC driver.
I tried to connect by using Access in the same machine and linking the tables
of the Historian by choosing "file type" ODBC databases. Access asks me which
type of ODBC source I intend to use and I chose AIM HISTORIAN odbc driver
already installed in the AW70.
The connection seems to be ok. Access asks to me which database I intend to
use. I chose the Sample database of my the Historian instance. By quering the
database I was able to retrieve all data. But when I tried to select some data
intervals I always got strange results like null values that not appear in the
AIM Historian browser, the query is also very slow for retrieving results.
I tried also to connect to the AIM* with excel 2000 installed on the same
machine by using ODBC, but I have not the file XLODBC.XLA and I cannot do
queries from excel.
Where can I find a xlodbc.xla that can add to excel for testing a query?
If I get success by querying Historian from the same machine what I need for
querying the Historian from an other computer?
Thank you

Daniele