[foxboro] reflectionX

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:46:09 +0200

Hi list,
Anybody outthere using ReflectionX?

We use following ReflectionX script on a windows PC to connect to a unix
host:
[RX Connection]
AutoDescription=0
Version=3
Type=1
Temporary=0
Description=BatchSched
ResponseTimeout=10
ReceiveTimeout=2
NeverCloseConnection=0
ShowHostResponse=0
Host=aw51x2
Method=REXEC
line1=1,0,login:|Username:,BatchSched,0,0
line2=2,1,Password:,,1,0
line3=0,0,%|$|>|#,/usr/openwin/bin/xauth add %IP#% %C%,0,1
line4=0,0,%|$|>|#,/opt/ia/BatchSched %IP%,0,1

this works like a charm on one AW51E, but not on another AW (the host name
AW51X1 is then changed accordingly to AW51X2). This 2nd AW is configured
identical as the first. Running the BatchSched script in VT100 (using
exceed or telnet) on the AW with a fixed IP adres (sh BatchSched <IP
adress>) works also, it's only the reflection script which does not work.

Line 3 adds the users IP adress to the .Xauthority file probably, line 4
starts up the BatchSched script on the users PC (at least it should start
up...)

We use exceed on both stations without problems, so both hosts etc are OK,
 but I can't use exceed for this purpose, the fonts are not OK.

any suggestions as to which files to check on the 2nd AW? It probably has
something to do with authorisation or write priviliges, but anything I
could think of looks ok on the 2nd AW.

Thanks & Rgds,

Dirk