[foxboro] question about a FoxDraw file

  • From: Mike_Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 17:38:09 -0500

I am developing a Nodebus system at v7.1.2 with FoxDraw v9.0.2 on a Solaris
G-box.  I FTP'd some FoxView display files from
an old system that is running FoxDraw v99.2.1 on an old D-box.

After working on these older files on the G-box, I notice that in their
directory are some files with the same name but with
an extension of ".xwd".  The file type of these .xwd files is "data".
These files are all sized 5759 and have the same
timestamp.  They do not exist on the old D-box.  Strangely, though, one of
the .fdf files I've worked on the most has
no corresponding .xwd file.

Does anyone know 1) what these files are, 2) what event generates them and
3) do I need to keep them?  I searched the
B0193WG (FoxDraw), B0193MQ (Disp Engr for FoxView) and B0193WL (release
notes for FoxView v9.0.2) and saw
no info on .xwd files.

I have had FoxDraw crash on me a number of times and thought maybe these
files were related to the crashes.  However
I've had FoxDraw crash a handful of times since the timestamp on these
files with no corresponding new timestamps.

Thanks in advance.

Mike Adams
Mitsubishi Polyester Film, LLC
Greer, SC USA