[foxboro] ps command disabled with OSI PI-SDK install

  • From: "Pulas, Philip" <ppulas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 17:38:42 -0800

List,

We found that with a newer (not the latest, though) Windows XP I/A
System, installing OSI's PI-SDK disables the ps command.  However, it
doesn't affect the very latest Windows XP I/A Systems shipped out by
Foxboro.  It doesn't matter which version of the PI-SDK software that
you install.  There is a workaround, though.  If you rename the
following file, ...\(your PI directory)\bin\pictrdll.dll, the ps command
is enabled again.  You don't have to reboot or start/stop anything.  As
soon as you rename the file, the ps command is disabled/enabled.  OSI's
fxbais PI interface will still work properly without this file.  We came
across this issue when trying to do an upgrade which required the ps
command.

Thanks,

Philip Pulas

Tesoro Corp.