Re: [foxboro] time delay on AIN alarm

  • From: Jeremy Milum <jmilum@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 17:59:57 -0600

On 1/19/06, brad.s.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <brad.s.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wro=
te:
> But won't the subsequent steps change the accumulator while the DON is
> waiting? That seems rather counter-intuitive and dangerous (or I'm just n=
ot
> understanding it properly).
>
> DON 60   ; write 1 to the accumulator in 60 secs
> IN 6     ; write 6 to the accumulator immediately

You are thinking too hard, it works like this:

IN BI01
DON 60
BIF XXX
......do stuff........
EXIT
XXX

If BI01 is true for 60 sec then it will do the stuff, if not it will
branch over. One thing to remember is the TIMINI parameter. That one
has bitten me on both cheeks before. If not set the way you need,
initialization can cause the DONN, DOFF, MRS, and FF type operations
to do counterintuitive things.

--
Patron saints in general are broadband connections to the Almighty
- Michelle Delio, Wired News