Re: [foxboro] problem with IFDC soft.

  • From: "Loyd Greer" <LGREER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:05:34 -0400

I had a similar problem using the IT maintenance configurator. I believe the
problem is associated with FBM18's and 39's. I am able to connect to a
transmitter on one of these FBM's one time, then I have to do an eprom update
on the FBM to connect again. We just use PC 20 now to connect to transmitters
on these FBM's.
Loyd Greer
Great Lakes Chem

>>> thierry.mougeot@xxxxxxxxx 06/27/03 07:47AM >>>

Hi ,
I have been using  IFDC soft to upload or download transmitter ( 860DP or IPD10
...) from a WP51D for several years and now I have a problem only with a CP10 .
When I try to connect the IFDC to a transmitter of this CP  , I read after
several seconds this message :

"Pass through API could not get a connection to the device . IPC reply :
c_worevent CLRECEIVE rtn <-4> event <4>
Return -ipc-reply failed : IFDC didn't get a correct immediate reply on his
request ( IPC 1st reply failed) .

It's the same things with all transmitters  in this CP  ( there are two FBM18
attached on this CP ).

Has anybody an idea ? I would be grateful if you could send me a suggestion.

I rebooted the WP51D and I made a checkpoint with success .

MOUGEOT Thierry
Secteur SMUC Utilites Chimie
Shell Pétrochimie Méditerranée
BP 14, 13131  Berre l'étang, Cedex, France

Tel: +33 4 42 74  57 03 Fax: 54 20
Email: Thierry.Mougeot@xxxxxxxxx
Internet: http://www.shell.com/chemicals