Re: [foxboro] mounting a remote tape drive for backup purposes

  • From: "Penndorf, Rocco (RP)" <RPPenndorf@xxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 02:49:58 -0400

Hello Paride,

first of all thanks for quick response. So, here are my observations.
I downloaded and installed the QF991274c scripts and entered the commands you
sent me. What i got after starting the backup script were the following
messages:
Enter station type:     - i entered "WP" because i want to backup a WP
Setting up default device parameters
Remote backup assumes default parameter setup
Can't determine remote tape device
/usr/local/backup aborting
Additionally i've started the find_tape script, but it told me that it cannot
find a tape device either.
Questions:      (1)     What is meant by "<AWletterbug_w/streamer>"? I just
used the AW                                                 letterbug because i
don't know to what device (you wrote streamer)
    i should refer to.
                (2)     Should the find_tape script be able to detect a tape
device after i                                     entered the
mount..,trap..,trap..,mac_daemon.. - commmands?
                (3)     What does those commands accomplish? I've never seen a
Filesystem "vfox" in the                         mount command?

Best Regards
Rocco