Re: [foxboro] how many cores?

  • From: Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 08:19:47 +0800

Frits,
I've been bugging Foxboro about this for years - apparently they can't run
IA multicore...  Developing the system to run multi-core is on the roadmap
- after version 8.7 if I remember correctly.

I'd really hoped to at least be able to run the fairly CPU intensive
anti-virus on a separate core from the IA stuff, but no such luck (yet).

So, as CPUs shift to more cores with lower clock speeds, IA servers are
getting less rather than more capable...

Cheers,

Kevin