Re: [foxboro] ftp utility on Solaris 2.5.1 AW51C

  • From: Brian Bates <batesb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:56:50 -0400

Andres

check this link for a good man page.
http://www.uwsg.iu.edu/usail/man/solaris/ftp.1.html

Give this a try.
....I havent used mget -y in a script, but I think that it will work.

!#/bin/sh
ftp -i -n xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx << ENDFTP
user <username> <password>
mput -y /sourcedirectory/folder/*pdf /targetdirectory
ENDFTP

      -Regards, Brian Bates.

                      "Weiss, Andreas"

                      <Andreas.Weiss@de        To:
<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      .bp.com>                 cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [foxboro] ftp utility
on Solaris 2.5.1 AW51C
                      foxboro-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      08/11/2004 11:16

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

Hi,

are their any replacements for the standard ftp tool on a AW51C?

I recognized that this solaris 2.5.1 ftp tool isn't compatible to the
windows ftp tool.

What I need is the capability to control a ftp connection by a
configuration file. Does anyone knows a way to do it?

Here an example how it works on windows :-)

# ftp -s:myftp.config

The file myftp.config contains the necessary ftp commands:

verbose=20
prompt=20
open MyComputerHostname
username