Re: [foxboro] foxboro Digest V12 #13

  • From: Rguercio@xxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:59:54 -0500 (EST)

Dan,

Had a terrible time in Africa with a Delta V system when IT tried to become
 involved so they could "protect" the DCS Assets.  First thing they did was
 to implement their own passwords, which in the Delta V world is like
throwing a  wrench into some pretty delicate works.  The adventures went on and
on  despite my pleas that they just leave the control system completely
alone.   Have you read your children the book "If You Give a Mouse a
Cookie..."?
 You have been warned.

Rick Guercio, P.E.
RG Consulting
918 E Desert Shrub  Drive
Washington, UT 84780
713-805-8742 cell

In a message dated 1/18/2012 11:04:26 A.M. Central Standard Time,
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My past  experience with our company IT is that if it is shared they still
own it. If  there is any way in the world not to share resources with IT I
would  not.
We very early in the DCS game shared fiber with IT and paid the price  with
them doing "maintenance" and making my system go blind until I ever so
genteelly got them to return a hub to service.
For those that know me there  was no genteelly involved.