Re: [foxboro] flow meter

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 08:05:41 +0100

Many thanks to all who replied on this topic....the guy who told me it
would only work with pulse is now hiding under his desk......

Rgds,

Dirk Pauwels - DCS/MOC coordinator
Engineering dept.
Hexion Specialty Chemicals
E mail: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
T.  +32.(0)3.570.95.97
F.  +32.(0)3.570.16.09
Mob. +32.(0)497.428.300

             "Jeff Blair"
             <jblair@meadobrie
             n.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             foxboro-bounce@fr                                          cc
             eelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [foxboro] flow meter
             30/01/2009 20:54

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

When looking for a flowmeter, I would always consider a HART protocol
with the 4-20mA output.  This allows technicians easy configuration of
the meter using a 375 HART communicator.  There are some extra process
details that HART allows you to download (i.e. temp of electronics).

Foxboro has a good initial tool for flowmeter selection online at
www.flowexpertpro.com

Don't overlook vortex as a possible solution.

Best regards,
Jeff Blair
Mead O'Brien, Inc.