Re: [foxboro] dmcmd through HLBL

  • From: Kevin FitzGerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 09:49:56 +1200 (NZST)

I'll try that again without the extra characters:

Dear Hesham Elhadad

Instead of
:<WPName>DMCMD := "dmcmd ov /<FileName>";

Try:
:<WPName>DMCMD := "dmcmd ov /<FileName> <position>";

where <position> is the overlay position, one of
0,1,2,3,4,5,8,10,12,15.

I find it helpful to test syntax using the pref command from the VT100
command line. The equivalent pref command would be (from the WP):

pref -<WPName> DMCMD "dmcmd ov /<FileName> <position>"

for example to open an overlay in the upper right position on WP5101:
pref -WP5101 DMCMD "dmcmd ov /usr/disp/TANK1_ovl 2"

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell
Systems Engineer
Foxboro New Zealand