Re: [foxboro] additional station in Nodebus & FoxAPI issue

  • From: "Fitzgerrell, Kevin" <Kevin_Fitzgerrell@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 16:13:17 +0900

Hello,

You can add a new Foxboro Windows workstation and connect to your
network for the purpose of hosting an OPC server, however I don't think
that Nodebus windows workstations are still available (I could be
wrong).

Or you can install Foxboro OPC server (or Matrikon OPC server for
Foxboro) on a standard WinXP or Win2003 computer with and connect via
2nd Ethernet to one of your existing Nodebus AWs (or a new one).  This
AW will run AimAPI to provide data to Foxboro OPC server (or can run
FoxAPI to provide data to Matrikon OPC server for Foxboro).

You can have more than one Nodebus AW running FoxAPI.  You can have both
FoxAPI and AimAPI running in the same AW.

If yours is a large or heavily loaded system you should be careful about
the extra load another data collector may place on the system.

Regards,

Kevin