Re: [foxboro] X Terminal

  • From: "Landry, Dwayne" <rdlandry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2004 12:38:55 -0500

After checking all security settings for the blink task to ensure
the user you are using can run it, you may need to set the sticky
bit, ( chmod 6755 /usr/fox/wp/bin/blink_task ) Attached is a copy
of the modified script I use to launch remote DMs here at PPG. I
use this script from a pick on an exported Openwindows X desktop
using Exceed OnDemand but you may find something here that you
can use.

Thanks,
Dwayne

#!/bin/sh
#
# This script will start a display manager on the DISPLAY name
# that is passed.  It is intended to be remote executed using=20
# Exceed OnDemand.
#
#
set -x

if [ $# -ne 1 ]
then
        exit 1
fi
#
# Set the DISPLAY variable
#
DISPLAY=3D$1
export DISPLAY

PATH=3D/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/etc:/usr/ucb:/usr/local:/usr/ccs/bin:.:/u=
sr/opt/Ss
export PATH

# Need to set up library path for jettool (needs libview.so.x)
# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=3D/usr/openwin/lib ; export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=3D/opt/gms/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/opt/windu/li=
b:/opt/wH
l () ls -l $*
lc () ls -CF $*

#
# Added "-sig" arg to blink_task to avoid the Display Manager starting
# up before blink_task is fully initialized.  blink_task uses SIGUSR1
# to signal back.  This signal is different between the platforms.
# So we need to determine what signal to trap on
#
SIG_PATH=3D/usr/include/sys/signal.h
SIGUSR1=3D`grep SIGUSR1 $SIG_PATH | awk '{ printf ( "%s", $3 ) }'`

WUHOME=3D/opt/windu ; export WUHOME
GMS_HOME=3D/opt/gms ; export GMS_HOME
HHPATH=3D/opt/windu/bin ; export HHPATH
HHHOME=3D/opt/windu ; export HHHOME

#/usr/fox/wp/bin/jettool -Wi -f &
#PID_PRINT=3D`echo $!`

#
# Wait for SIGUSR1 signal from blink_task or 30 second
# timeout.
#
trap "GO=3DY" $SIGUSR1
GO=3DN

/usr/fox/wp/bin/blink_task -sig -r -hb 5 &
PID_BLINK=3D`echo $!`

tot=3D0
while test "$GO" =3D "N"
 do
    sleep 1
    tot=3D`expr $tot + 1`
    if test $tot -eq 30
     then
       GO=3D"Y"
    fi
 done

trap "" $SIGUSR1

PID_BLINK=3D`echo $!`

### BEGIN 07/16/98 FONTDEF.DAT STARTUP FILE FIX ###

#
# Set the startup directory for default_dm, so that
# SL-GMS applications use the correct fontdef.dat file.
#               (07/15/98 AJ Cerier)
#
# Get the Vendor name for our X Server
#
#VENDOR=3D"`/usr/openwin/bin/xdpyinfo | grep 'vendor string' | awk '{ =
print $3 }'"
#
# If this is a Sun X server ...
#
#if [ "$VENDOR" =3D "Sun" ]=20
#then
   #=20
   # For the Sun X Server, we start from /usr/fox.  Because
   # there is no fontdef.dat file in /usr/fox, SL-GMS applications
   # will user the fontdef.dat file in /usr/fox/wp/data.  This file
   # contains font selections optimized for Sun X Servers.
   #
#   cd /usr/fox
#else
   #
   # For non-Sun X Server, we start from /opt/ia, where
   # the "remote" fontdef.dat file is located.  This file
   # contains font selections optimized for non-Sun X Servers..
   #
#   cd /opt/ia
#fi

### END 07/16/98 FONTDEF.DAT STARTUP FILE FIX ###

#/opt/fox/wp/bin/default_dm
/usr/fox/wp/bin/dm_wp50

if [ -n "$PID_BLINK" ]
then