Re: [foxboro] Web Access for IPS to login into your sites

  • From: "Landry, Dwayne" <rdlandry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 16:00:23 -0500

We implemented DRM at our site and had the same hurdles to get over. The key
thing to get across to your I.T. department is that no inbound request is
needed for Foxboro to manage it and it is all done on SSL Port 433 ( HTTPS ).
Another hurdle was the fact that this box didn't belong to PPG nor did it have
our standard image or our flavor of Antivirus and then who was going to keep
the thing patched and updated? There is a CAR that explains the ports being
used and I think the number is 1010571.
As for as the box being patched and updated, this is done by Foxboro and the
last time I checked our box it was up to date.
One additional precaution that we implemented here was a firewall between this
computer and our second Ethernet network for our windoze boxes. This stops them
from being able to do any remote control of these boxes but it helps comfort me
in the fact that some new virus won't jump across. They can still collect all
the data needed and get into our Solaris boxes as needed by request only.
A couple of the guys I worked with at Foxboro were Dennis Dunlap and Paul Ayers.

Thanks,
Dwayne Landry
PPG Industries Inc.