Re: [foxboro] Version 7 fiber switch source

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 09:11:52 -0500

Update: We received a P0972MJ/2H258-17R switch from PCO (thanks!), after
which time Foxboro TAC called us back with a change of heart and told us
they could MEP our switch (?!). So now we have two. I wanted a spare
anyway, so I'm not complaining.

So I go out on the web site to get some docs to make sure the switches are
set up properly, and I find a couple of documents: HH1023, dated 2003, and
B0700CM rev. D, dated 2008. Unfortunately, there are some contradictions
between the two about how to set up the switch, specifically full or half
duplex on the ports, whether there is flow control on those ports, and
whether spanning tree is enabled or disabled. Also, B0700CM has some
additional configuration info, and an incorrect setting for the
configuration terminal baud rate (which HH1023 got right).

As of now I took the advice in B0700CM, since it has a later date. Has
anyone used one or the other, and more importantly, had problems with the
advice given in either? I want to get into the running switch and look at
it, but really I have no guarantee that it is "right"; neither of the
switches I just got came set up exactly like either of those documents
specified :/

Thanks,
Corey

From:
Corey R Clingo/NC/FREEPORT/BASF-CORP/BASF
To:
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
08/03/2011 08:39 AM
Re: [foxboro] Version 7 fiber switch source

Good info all. I'll investigate these sources and contact Invensys about
the A4 models.

This list is awesome. I don't care what the Honeywell guys say :)

Thanks again,
Corey

From:
Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
To:
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
08/03/2011 08:28 AM
Re: [foxboro] Version 7 fiber switch source
Sent by:
foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

At my site we really like the A-series switches, they've been rock solid.
They have an all-fiber version like the 2H258-17R.  The ports are MT-RJ so
it is an easy swap.
Cheers,

Kevin