Re: [foxboro] TriconeX OVD and Voter Fault

  • From: <c.a.wolfschlag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 13:42:16 -0500

OVD is output voter diagonsitics.  OVD monitors the digital outputs.  This
function can be turned on of off (for Tricons).  We typically run with our on,
but will disable the OVD when doing partial stroke testing on valves.  OVD
monitors the digital outputs.  A voter fault is defined as follows "a fault
that can occur on a digital output module, if the OVD circuitry becomes
defective.  Examples are an output switch stuck high or stuck low.  Voter
faults on two channels of a single point may lead to loss of control."