Re: [foxboro] Switch Port Failure and Recovery on ZCPs/FCPs

  • From: <dave.caldwell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:27:52 -0500

Christian,

Thanks for the reply. I checked "show spantree adminedge" and found Edge-Port
turned ON for all fe.x.x device ports, and Non-Edge-Port turned ON for all
ge.x.x uplink ports. Each switch was configured with SCAS 3.4.1.

"show rmon stats" revealed mostly no CRC errors or fragments on most all of the
ports experiencing the "hot re-marry". ATS connected ports show a number of CRC
errors and fragments, but these do not experience the issue. The switches have
been running for 131 days and have experienced no additional respans since
startup.

I have opened a case with TAC and will pass along this additional information
when contacted. Thank you for giving me further food for thought.

Regards,
Dave