Re: [foxboro] Replacing Report Writer Reports

  • From: "Joseph M. Riccardi" <Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2010 12:30:10 -0400

David,

I am guessing the report package being referenced is "Q0301RA  I/A Series
Report Package" but I cannot log into iastore to confirm it.  It is/was the
only Windows-based report package ever offered by Foxboro as far as I know;
it is about 15 years old from memory.  List price was about $10K.  It is
Excel based and can be scheduled to create Excel files on the installed
server so there is not any need to generate paper.  It will extract data
from any of the AIM and/or legacy Historians.  Whomever would be allowed
access to the server could access the report files, or they can be ftp'd to
a corporate server.  However, it is a scheduled (hourly, shift, daily,
weekly, monthly, etc.) type report package (uses Opalis scheduler), not a
batch oriented report package.  I have used it many times...

Joseph M. Riccardi
DCS Services - Industrial Process Control

Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
"To give real service you must add something that cannot be bought or
measured with money; and that is sincerity and integrity." - Donald A. Adams