Re: [foxboro] Remoteing "G" boxes

  • From: "Ken Heywood" <kheywood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 20:28:13 -0400

I've used Black Box ACU1009A KVM Extenders over CAT5 cable up to 1000 feet. You
can actually have both a local and a remote screen, keyboard and mouse or just
a local with an ACU1001A. Black Box also has a version that includes a serial
link too, but I haven't used these. Note that the CAT5 is not part of your
computer network. These are dedicated point to point wires and are not Ethernet
compatible signals.