Re: [foxboro] Read back feature of FBM233 with OPC

  • From: Joachim Leuker <leuker@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2008 00:45:43 +0200

Am 18.10.2008 um 00:00 schrieb Doucet, Terrence:

> When you use an IA output, it will write to the entire word in the PLC
> that it is connected to. The PLC word must be under the control of one
> MASTER only. If the PLC must write to bits in this word, you must send
> the state to an IA input block and then connect the IA bit in the
> input parameter of the IA output block.
>
> I do not believe that multiple MASTER's are permitted.
>
> Terry

It does work with the IOUT and the ROUT block. If the PLC sets bit #5
for example, the number in the IOUT is increased by 16. I can then set
bit #8 by increasing the IOUT by 128. This does not reset bit #5.
In the other PAKOUT case, in5 is TRUE while I set in8 and the same
"number" is written to the PLC as seen in the PAKOUT parameter. But
then in5 is reset.

And why does bit #32 freeze the block?

Joachim