Re: [foxboro] Printer

  • From: Troy L Brazell <tlbrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 May 2005 19:08:23 -0500

Mike,
This probably doesn't help .... but we just swapped a 1600CM out and put in
a 3000 and it was plug and play. I think that the 1600CM was setup as a
"postscript' which goes along with what Richard said.

Troy L. Brazell
Duke Energy Field Services
Sr. Process Control Analyst
ISA CCST
Phone (405) 263 4810 ext. 24
Cell    (806) 898 4340
Okarche C&M
Route 4 P.O. Box 40
Okarche, OK. 73762
*****************************
MS Windoze the cure for Insomnia
*****************************

                      "Bakke, Richard

                      A"                       To:       foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      <rabakke@longfibr        cc:

                      e.com>                   Subject:  Re: [foxboro] Printer

                      Sent by:

                      foxboro-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      05/02/2005 06:05

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

Mike,
    The HP 895 is a PCL3 printer, which in the /etc/fox/printers is
referred to as a "Deskjet Printer, Par".  Whereas the HP 3000 is a
Postscript printer, which is called a "PS Postscript Printer".   I am
not sure what other files are touched.  But we did a System Definition
change to do this.

Rich Bakke
Longview Fibre Co.

MIKE KINCH wrote:

>Hi list ,
>
>I have just replaced a HP 895 CSXi  printer with a HP 3000 business
>inkjet.
>I am told it is a plug and play situation.... but of course that is not
>the case.
>Does anyone have experience and a solution to this problem?  I just get
>some lines on the paper... the test print comes out OK.
>
>Mike Kinch
>
>Sydney Water

>Level 2 mandatory water restrictions in Sydney, Blue Mountains and the
Illawarra - $220 fines. No sprinklers or watering systems, no hosing of
hard surfaces including vehicles. Hose lawns and gardens only before 10am
and after 4pm on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Permits required to fill
new or renovated pools above 10,000L. For more information visit
www.sydneywater.com.au
>NOTICE: This email is confidential. If you are not the nominated
recipient, please immediately delete this email, destroy all copies, and
inform the sender. Sydney Water Corporation (Sydney Water) prohibits the
unauthorised copying or distribution of this email. This email does not
necessarily express the views of Sydney Water. Sydney Water does not
warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is free from errors,
virus, interception or interference.