Re: [foxboro] PID tracking question

  • From: prakash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 08:31:18 +0800

Cyrus,
Does not sound like a problem with initialisation but a problem with
feedback.  Check the FBK parameter of the controller and see if its
connected.  Typically it should be connected to its output or to the output
of the SWCH.
Rgds,
Prakash K.K.
Process Control
Malaysia LNG Sdn Bhd.

                      "Cyrus W. Taft"

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      e.com>                    cc:

                      Sent by:                  Subject: [foxboro] PID tracking
question
                      foxboro-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      12/06/2003 05:44

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

I have a somewhat unusual control loop which uses an MDACT block as the
secondary controller in a cascade arrangement.  Upstream of the MDACT blo=
ck
is a SWCH block to select between two different primary PID controllers. =
have a tracking problem on one of the PID controllers.   When the problem=

PID is tracking, its output is what it needs to be for a bumpless transfe=
to the controlling mode.  However, as soon as the transfer occurs, the
output of the controller drops to near 0.0.  This then appears to put the=

downstream switch into a Hold mode but I am not sure of the exact sequenc=
e.
 This is on an ESSCOR simulator at version 6.1.  Any suggestions?

Also in troubleshooting this problem I noticed two parameters in the PID
block, INITI and INITO.  I assume that these have something to do with
initialization but I can't find a mention of either one in the
documentation.  I can change the INITI through the Select page but I am n=
ot
allowed to change the INITO.  Can someone enlighten me on these parameter=
s?
  Thanks for your help.

Cyrus Taft
EPRI I&C Center