Re: [foxboro] OMI - Operator Message Interface

  • From: "Grumelart, Alain" <alain.grumelart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 15:59:03 -0500

If it is any help...
Even though OMI does not support FoxView graphics,
existing DM displays containing connected OMI library graphic elements may
still work, with minor configuration changes, when they are converted to
FoxView.

In order to get the message text to update dynamically it must be edited,
with FoxDraw, to add the MID<msgName> global to the connection TRIGGER
field. For instance if the message file name is MF0001 the TRIGGER global
would be MIDMF0001.

The message file system supports 4 message types while the sequence language
only exploits 2 of them.

If you are sending messages only from sequence blocks then you are going to
work with SHOW and ACK types and you are going to avoid the 2 message types
that don't work with FoxView/AW51.

If you are sending messages from C programs then you won't be able to send
INF type messages and you will have to redesign the FoxView converted MF
graphic elements in order to send replies to INQ type messages.

Alain Grumelart Ing.
Systems Integration & IT
Invensys Systems Canada Inc.