Re: [foxboro] NVRAM revisited

  • From: "Jim Kahlden" <James.Kahlden@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:42:20 -0600

Rob,

Yes you can reconstruct a new NVRAM with the original HostID by using the
link provided.  I have used the procedure outlined in the following link to
make a new chip for my AW51B so that I did not have to re-license my
applications.

http://www.squirrel.com/squirrel/sun-nvram-hostid.faq.html

Jim Kahlden
jim.kahlden@xxxxxxxx
Lower Colorado River Authority
Fayette Power Project
6549 Power Plant Road
La Grange, TX 78945
(979) 249-8514 (Ph)
(979) 249-8390 (Fax)

>>> rburnham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 1/14/2005 6:57:12 AM >>>
Thanks to whom ever sent me info on Sun FAQ's,

It was stated that Sun can reconstruct a new NVRAM
with the original HostID and Ethernet address.

Is this true?

And would it eliminate the issues involved with CP hosting,
eeprom levels, etc?

Rob Burnham
Systems Engineer
Glatfelter