Re: [foxboro] NIC CARDS REPLACEMENT REGEDIT

  • From: "Landry, Dwayne" <rdlandry@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 15:15:07 -0400

http://support.ips.invensys.com/kbcontent/index?page=sample&id=01801697b47030119da35b1a2007ae8

Fix/Resolution
The MAC Addresses for the physical NICs do not match the MAC Addresses that are
in the registry.  You can either move the NICs from the old workstation to the
new one, or you can reassign the MAC Addresses for the NICs in the registry.
To record the MAC Addresses for the new NICs on the new workstation:
1.     Open Network Connections via the Control Panel.
2.     Double-click on Mesh NIC's Local Area Connection entry.
3.     Click on the Properties button from the General tab.
4.     Hover over the NIC's description in the "Connect using" window.
5.     Record the MAC Address, and also record the Slot # from the pop-up
bubble that appears while hovering over the NIC description.
6.     Repeat steps 2-5 for the other Mesh NIC.
Next, replace the old MAC Addresses with those of the new NICs from steps 1-6
above using the Registry Editor tool.
1.     Start --> Run --> type "regedit" <enter>.
2.     Go to --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SYSTEM --> CurrentControlSet -->
Services --> Foxboro --> System Configuration Parameters.
3.     On the right hand side find MAC_IA and MAC_ALT.
4.     Enter the MAC addresses for the new NIC cards.  Be sure to use MAC_IA
for the lower physical Slot # of the two.  For example, use MAC_IA for Slot 1
and MAC_ALT for Slot 2.